Losing-It

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Boredom Eating!

Our team is doing FABULOUS!  Everyone is dropping pounds and getting healthy one day at a time.  If you want to join our team, just let me know!  I will add you to our side bar and we can help track your progress as well.

Boredom eating, it is something everyone of us has encountered at some point and time.  May be some of us more than others.  I find that I am a Boredom Eater.  I swear if I have a minute in the day where my hands are not busy I find myself gravitating towards the kitchen.  Most of the time I am not even the slightest bit hungry, just looking for entertainment for  my idle hands.  To avoid this, here are a few things that I doand I know will help you as well!!

If you feel yourself heading to the snack cupboard when you are bored try one or more of these until the urge subsides:

Drink a glass of water.

Reply to some emails.

Read a post from your favourite blog.

Write a note in your journal.

Play a game of Solitaire.

Brush your teeth.

Call a friend.

Go for a walk.

Do your dishes.

Read the paper.

Do some stretching.

Write down a 10 Ten List…. (ie  10 reasons to get healthy, 10 articles of clothing you want to be able to wear, 10 places you would like to visit, 10 people you admire the most)

Exercise!!!

yoga

Anything that gets your mind to change gears is what you want!!!  Please comment and let us know what YOU do to avoid Boredom Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment