Losing-It

Friday, April 3, 2009

What’s on YOUR iPod?

Music, it is a powerful thing.  Music can make you smile, make you laugh and make you cry.  Music can keep you motivated, keep you moving even when you think you would rather just go lay down.  My MP3 player was the best investment I have made, by far, when it comes to losing weight.  I have the exercise DVDs, I have the weights, I have the bands, I have the GIANT ball, I have it all, but none of it gets used like my music player.  I dont just use it when I am out walking/running though, I put it on when I am cleaning, it helps keep me going and gets me moving more while I clean.  Cleaning burns calories too!  ;)

What type of music you listen to really does inspired your actions.  When we were teenagers my friend loved hard music and her mother would always get upset when she put it on in the car because she said it made her speed.  Back then we thought she was a bit loopy but it was true.  I understand that now.  The fast pace made her want to go faster while she was driving.  So what are you listening too?  Something that inspires?  Something that makes you go faster?  If you are setting up a list, choose two slower songs for your warm up, then a few fast ones for your actual work out, and then a few slower ones for your cool down.

Here is my list!

Ordinary Day by Emilie Mover

Love Story by Taylor Swift

Keeps Getting Better by Christina Aguilera

Disturbia by Rihanna

So What by Pink

Rock N Rolla by Suzie McNeil

Hot N Cold by Katy Perry

Miles Away (Remix) by Madonna

All Summer Long by Kid Rock (I put this on for Connor but it gets me moving too!  lol)

Right Here by Brandy

Single Ladies by Beyonce

Dont You Know Your Beautiful by Kellie Pickler

Better In Time by Leona Lewis

I’m Yours by Jason Mraz

I generally walk between 45 to an hour 15 minutes so sometimes I skip songs and some times I add them.  I also have Proud from The Biggest Loser but my player wont play it for some odd reason.  Its really great to motivate though so sometimes I will play it on the computer while I am getting ready to head out.

What is on YOUR iPod???  What gets YOU moving?  Tell us!

No comments:

Post a Comment